“This course was sent to open up the path of light to us, and teach us, step by step, how to return to the eternal Self we thought we lost.”
“Forgive the world, and you will understand that everything that God created cannot have an end, and nothing He did not create is real. In this one sentence is our course explained. In this one sentence is our practicing given its one direction. And in this one sentence is the Holy Spirit’s whole curriculum specified exactly as it is.”
Introduction to A Course in Miracles
This is a course in miracles. It is a required course. Only the time you take it is voluntary. Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum. It means only that you can elect what you want to take at a given time. The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love’s presence, which is your natural inheritance.
The opposite of love is fear, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite. This Course can therefore be summed up very simply in this way:
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
- There is no order of difficulty in miracles. One is not “harder” or “bigger” than another. They are all the same. All expressions of love are maximal.
- Miracles as such do not matter. The only thing that matters is their Source, which is far beyond evaluation.
- Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.
- All miracles mean life, and God is the Giver of life. His Voice will direct you very specifically. You will be told all you need to know.
- Miracles are habits, and should be involuntary. They should not be under conscious control. Consciously selected miracles can be misguided.
- Miracles are natural. When they do not occur something has gone wrong.
- Miracles are everyone’s right, but purification is necessary first.